A fresh home-made bread is not only tastier, it is healthier, cheaper and it substantially eliminates preservatives from ones diet. The added advantage of using a bread machine ensures that the bread is perfect even when one has minimum skills. It allows you time to do more chores as you to need to keep kneading, check if it is has risen and push it down. Great aromas are produced from cinnamon and oats cooking.
The bread can be eaten without jam, butter or cheese as it is light, sweet and fluffy. It is widely loved for making great French toast. The fruit content advances the nutrition value of this home-made bread. This brief overview looks into how to cook cinnamon raisin bread with oats using bread maker.
Ingredients For Cinnamon Raisin Bread
1-2 cup raisins 1 cup water, warm (about 80 degrees F) 2 1/2 tablespoons instant yeast 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened 1 cup all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon 1/4 tablespoons nutmeg 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed 1/3 cup quick oats 1 1/2 tablespoons salt 1 cup white whole wheat flour
Procedure For Bread Making
- Place liquid ingredients in to the pan, and then add oats, flour, brown oats, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix them well to ensure the flour has enough moisture. Gently put the butter in pan’s corners. The dry ingredients including yeast will be place in the centre part of the pan. You can now program your preferences like bread color. The machine normally has an alert sound to signify when to add raisins during kneading but it does not have it is preferable to add the raisins when the kneading process is almost over. Light crust color brings out the best in the bread.
- Use the kneading hook to knead for four minutes. Leave for five minutes and continue kneading for four more minutes. You can now add the raisins while still kneading to ensure the raisins are well spread.
- Make it the shape of a ball and put it in bowl and leave to rise after covering.
- You can now mould it into a loaf and place into the pan well covered. The pan should be greased to avoid sticking.
- You can turn on the bread maker
- The oven should be pre heated 350 f, bake for 40 minutes. Check to ensure the internal temp is at minimum 190 f.
- When fully baked turn off the bread machine and remove the bread from the pan leave it to cool for 10 minutes.
- You can now slice in to preferable size as the bread and store it in airtight bags.
When using dry yeast instead of instant yeast you should consider adding the extra half cup of water
Making the raisin bread with a bread maker is fast and effective and the bread incredibly tastes great. The oats on the bread brings a twist that defies expectation. The cinnamon diminishes yeast activity. You can enjoy healthy fresh-cooked bread and enjoy the peace that comes with eating a non-chemical laden meal. You can now go ahead and try cooking the cinnamon raisin bread with oats and you will certainly not be disappointed.